Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Echinoblog Travelog: Japan: the things I will miss.... Pt. 5 (final)

Just got back from Japan and the 15 hour flight just wiped me out... so today is pictures!
                                        
 See-through starfish! (Anseropoda petaloides)
 Densenman! 
Matching Socks!
Sweets! but not chocolate or the usual western types...
Nakano Broadway...
 and some of its unique and interesting goods... (cleared and stained fish skeletons for sale)
KAIJU! Ultrakaiju Gomora! (and other Japanese science fiction)
Starfish Kaiju (weird deep-sea starfish!, this one, Hymenaster is about a foot across)
FOOD! Ramen and gyoza!  (mm... tempura not pictured)
And special mention to KABOBS! After a long day of running around Tokyo? These are surprisingly satisfying....



and of course, big expensive toy robots! (shown here is Big Dai X)

Until next time Tokyo! 

P.S. These are surprisingly accurate....
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey,

where did you find the stained skeleton? would really love to have it!

ChrisM said...

on sale at that shop in Nakano broadway... was about 200-300 dollars if I recall...

Jacki Wan said...

hymenaster is ugly! I wonder what you think is the ugliest starfish ever? I'm even more inspired to visit Japan!

Havsall said...

If you look through the jar with the see-through seastar, you can see Godzilla looks like he's about to take a bite of it!

Chris, I love Echinoblog! I'm going back to its beginning and reading all your posts. I'm learning a lot. Thanks!
Lynn H